Other then Indian and Bangladeshi Nationals, all visitors to Bhutan requires to obtaining visa prior to their arrival; all visa clearances are issued by the Department of Immigration in Thimphu and must be obtained before departing for Bhutan; visas are only issued to tourists booked with a local licensed tour operator, directly or through a foreign travel agent. Applications for tourist visas are submitted by the tour operator. Visa clearance takes at least 7 working days to process. You are not allowed to board the plane without visa clearance; two passport photos will also be required. Visas are issued for a period of 15 days and can be extended in Thimphu with nominal fees.
The following information should be forwarded to us at least three weeks prior to date of travel in order for proper processing of your visa with the governmental authorities
- Name of Application
- Permanent Address
- Place of Birth
- Date of Birth
- Nature of Passport: Diplomatic / Official / Ordinary / UN Laissez Passer
- Passport Number, Date of Issue, Place of Issue, Date of Expiration
- Date & Duration of Visit
Your visa will be stamped on arrival in Bhutan, it is necessary to have your visa clearance in advance. For travelers entering the country by land from India, through the southern border town of Phuentsholing, your visa is again stamped on arrival as per your visa clearance letter. Travelers without a visa clearance number on record will not be permitted to enter the country.
NOTE: Visas cannot be obtained from any Bhutanese embassies.
TARIFF FOR INTERNATIONAL TOURISTS
Minimum Tourist Tariffs
(a) The minimum tariff for tourists visiting in a group of 3 persons or more is as follows:-
i) USD 250 per person per night (March, April, May, September, October and November).
ii) USD 200 per person per night (January, February, June, July, August and December)
(b) The minimum daily package rates shall be inclusive of the following:
- Charges for accommodation and 3 meal plan.
- Sightseeing with guides
- Transport within Bhutan
- Riding ponies and pack animals on treks
- All trekking arrangement, tents and trekking staffs.
- Government Royalty
- Permits and entry fee where it is applicable
(c) The rates given above are applicable per tourist per night halt in Bhutan. On the day of departure, the local agents host obligation shall be limited to breakfast and any extra requirements shall be payable in addition to the daily rate.
(d) The rates shall apply uniformly irrespective of locations and the type of accommodation provided/asked for. Lists of hotels and lodges approved for international tourist accommodation are updated from time to time and are issued by the Tourism Council of Bhutan (TCB)
TARIFF FOR INDIVIDUALS AND SMALL GROUPS (FITs)
(a) Individual tourists and smaller groups of less than three persons shall be subject to surcharge, over and above the minimum daily rates applicable, as follows:-
- Single individual - US$ 40 additional per day
- Group of 2 - US$ 30 additional per day per person
b) The surcharge will not apply to representatives of foreign travel agents on business or promotional visits approved and cleared by the TCB.
DISCOUNTS ON TOURIST TARIFF
The following discounts on daily rates shall be allowed:-
(a) There shall be no charge for CHILDREN up to the age of 5 years. However, those between the ages of 6 to 12 years accompanied by elders/guardians shall be given a 50% discount on daily rates.
(b) Full time STUDENTS below the age of 25 years holding valid identity cards from their academic institutions shall also be given a 25% discount on daily rates.
(c) A discount of 50% on daily rates shall be given to one person in a group of 11 to 15 persons. A 100% discount shall he given to one member in a group exceeding 16 persons.
(d) Visitors availing discount under sections a, b & c shall not be eligible for discount under section d.
If a single room is desired a supplemental charged of US$ 30 / person / night.
Tourism Development Fund (TDF) US$ 10 / person
Visa fees US$ 20 / person.
Tour programmes booked and subsequently cancelled shall be subject to cancellation charges as follows once payment has been made.
- within 40 days of start of programme ~ no charges
- within 30 days ~ 10% of rate
- within 15 days ~ 25% of rate
- within 7 days ~ 50% of rate
- less than 7 days or without notice ~ 100% of rate
Druk air Cancellation Policy.
- 100% refund is permitted if ticket is cancelled within 40 days from the date of Travel.
- 50% is permitted between 40-20 Days from the date of Travel.
- No refund is permitted within the last 20 Days from the Date of Travel.
- Normal Administration fee of USD 25 per ticket will be applicable for all cancelled tickets.
- Administrative Fee of USD 25/ ticket will be charged for Cancellation of Waitlisted Tickets that is issued.
- All refunds will be processed within 60 days from the date of Travel.
All tour has to book with a local tour operator at least 60 days in advance, with 50% advance and rest 50% with 30 days before the date of travel. Whereas last minute booking can also be accepted within 7 working days on receive of full said tour fee and availability for flight seats.